When Lemon Met Biochemistry


Hu~Finally!!! I escape from Biochemistry!!!
I sat for my Final Exam for Biochem this morning.

Intro, pH & water & buffer, Enzyme, Cellular metabolism, Carbohydrate, Carbohydrate metabolism, Fatty acid & Lipid, Lipid metabolism, Nitrogen metabolism, Photosynthesis, DNA , and RNA.
Seem like not much chapters? My memory is not good, I am going to crazy with these...I don't want touch Biochem anymore...


What I need to memorize the day before the final exam, give an example:
RNA transcription
In prokaryote, RNA synthesis is initiate by RNA polymerase. RNA polymerase consist of α2ββ’ώσ peptide.
σ is used to recognize promoter locus
σ70 - most genes
σ32 - heat shock genes
σ24 - flagella genes

In eukaryote, 3 RNA polymerase is involve.
RNA polymerase I - rRNA
RNA polymerase II - mRNA
RNA polymerase III - tRNA
For polymerase II, need promoter which call TATA box
OK, now, let me tell you, me and my beloved Siew Li, revision till 3am, how we memorize this thing. When we 24 years old, we graduate, so we will move everywhere to find job, that why it found in flagella genes. When we 32 years old, we may get married, then our friends will shock when receive our invitation card..LOL..When we 7o years old, we might have many grandchildren, that why is most genes...LOL..To memory RNA polymerase I is for rRNA, II for mRNA, III for tRNA, we remember the sequences, RM10 ( RM ten ), so is r>m>t.

Oh. lastly, polymerase II have a promoter call TATA box, this time I really can say TATA to Biochemistry..*CHEERS*

1 comment:

  1. A must read for junior

    Lol...Even better then lecturer teach

    (P/S: no lecturer here ba..hehe)

    ReplyDelete

Hot Lemon Tea In Town